Notice to Credit Union Members
If you have a problem with the services provided by this credit union, please contact us at:
Beaumont Community Credit Union
660 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Pkwy.
Beaumont, TX 77703
This credit union is incorporated under the laws of the State of Texas and under state law is subject to regulatory oversight by the Texas Credit Union Department. If any dispute is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may also file a complaint against the credit union by contacting the Texas Credit Union Department through one of the means indicated below:
Mail: Texas Credit Union Department
914 East Anderson Lane
Austin, Texas 78752-1699
Phone -- (512) 837-9236
Please note that the Department does not have authority to resolve contractual disputes or undocumented factual disputes between a member and this credit union. If your dispute is of this nature, you may want to consult with legal counsel regarding your rights to resolve the situation.
Member Identification Requirements
In accordance with Section 326 of the USA PATRIOT Act signed October 26, 2001, Beaumont Community Credit Union is required to obtain a copy of the documents used in identifying our new account members and in identifying signatory individuals added to an existing or new account. In some cases, identification will be requested for those individuals banking with the Credit Union prior to the effective date of the member identification requirements because original documentation was not obtained with the opening of the account, or the Credit Union is unable to form a reasonable belief that it knows the true identity of the existing member. In all cases, protection of our members' identity and confidentiality is the Credit Union's pledge to you.
Notices, Terms, & Conditions
Upon request, a Beaumont Community Credit Union member is entitled to review or receive a copy of the most recent version of the following credit union documents:
- Balance Sheet and Income Statement
- A summary of the most recent Annual Audit
- Written Board policy regarding access to the articles of incorporation, bylaws, rules, guidelines, board policies, and copies thereof; and
- Internal Revenue Service Form 990
Funds Availability Policy Disclosure
This Disclosure describes your ability to withdraw funds at Beaumont Community Credit Union. It only applies to the availability of funds in transaction accounts. The Credit Union reserves the right to delay the availability of funds deposited to accounts that are not transaction accounts for periods longer than those disclosed in this policy. Please ask us if you have a question about which accounts are affected by this policy.
- General Policy - Our policy is to make funds from your cash and check deposits available to you on the same business day that we receive your deposit. Electronic direct deposits will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Once they are available, you can withdraw the funds in cash and we will use the funds to pay checks that you have written. For determining the availability of your deposits, every day is a business day, except Saturday, Sundays, and federal holidays. If you make a deposit before close of business on a business day that we are open, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. However, if you make a deposit after close of business or on a day we are not open, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open.
- Reservation of Right To Hold - In some cases, we will not make all of the funds that you deposit by check available to you on the same business day that we receive your deposit. Funds may not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit. However, the first $200.00 of your deposit will be available on the first business day after the day of you deposit. If we are not going to make all of the funds from your deposit available on the same business day, we will notify you at the time you make your deposit. We will also tell you when the funds will be available. If your deposit is not made directly to one of our employees or if we decide to take this action after you have left the premises, we will mail you the notice by the next business day after we receive your deposit. If you will need the funds from a deposit right away, you should ask us when the funds will be available.
- Hold on Other Funds - If we cash a check for you that is drawn on another financial institution, we may withhold the availability of a corresponding amount of funds that are already in your account. Those funds will be available at the time funds from the check we cashed would have been available if you had deposited it. If we accept for deposit a check that is drawn on another financial institution, we may make funds from the deposit available for withdrawal immediately but delay your availability to withdraw a corresponding amount of funds that you have on deposit in another account with us. The funds in the other account would then not be available for withdrawal until the time periods that are described elsewhere in this Disclosure for the type of check that you deposited.
- Longer Delays May Apply - We may delay your ability to withdraw funds deposited by check into your account an additional number of days for these reasons:
- We believe a check you deposited will not be paid.
- You deposit checks totaling more than $5,000.00 on any one (1) day.
- You deposit a check that has been returned unpaid.
- You have overdrawn your account repeatedly in the last six (6) months.
- There is an emergency, such as failure of communications or computer equipment.
- Special Rules of New Accounts - If you are a new member, the following special rules will apply during the first 30 days your account is open.
Funds from electronic direct deposits to your account will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Funds from deposits of cash, wire transfers, and the first $5,000.00 of a day's total deposits of cashier's, certified, teller's, traveler's, and federal, state, and local government checks will be available on the next business day after the day of your deposit if the deposit meets certain conditions. For example, the checks must be payable to you. The excess over $5,000.00 will be available on the ninth business day after the day of you deposit. If your deposit of these checks (other than a U.S Treasury check) is not made in person to one of our employees, the first $5,000.00 will not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit, Funds from all other check deposits will be available on the twentieth business day after the day of your deposit.
- Foreign Checks - Checks drawn on financial institutions located outside the U.S. (foreign checks) cannot be processed the same as checks drawn on U.S. financial institutions. Foreign checks are exempt from the policies outlined in this Disclosure. Generally, the availability of funds for deposits of foreign checks will be delayed for the time it takes us to collect the funds from the financial institutions upon which it is drawn.